Over the holidays I spent a lot of time working on node-ncurses and improving it. I pushed the changes I made to the github repo awhile ago for those interested.
I’ve also recently pushed a change to node-imap which makes the fetch() mechanism async and a stream. By streaming, I mostly mean it uses event emitters with familiar event names to transfer fetched messages and their data. This should fix the reported out-of-memory issues. Message headers are still buffered internally though, since they need to be processed and turned into an object/hash.
With those changes out of the way, I’m hoping to now spend some time on node-oscar again.